Saturday, July 9, 2011

Math Work Stations~ Ch. 7 Geometry

I LOVE GEOMETRY!  Seriously, I walked out of college geometry with a 100%.  The life application skill that I retained is an ability to rearrange furniture in unbelievable ways.  Nice, right?  :-)lol


This year, thanks to our book study, I hope to incorporate geometry work stations into our math time.  The workbook we are using touches briefly on dividing 2D shapes into equal pieces.  Of course, there are SO many more geometrical concepts!


To share, I found a great online source for mandala coloring pages. This selection includes many "easy" versions with identifiable shapes.  Kindergartners are always amazed at the variety of designs, created simply by choosing different colors.  Mandalas provide a fun way to discuss shapes and patterns.  Because I am also the art teacher for the K-1st grade combined, I add these pages to the "I'm done!" box.
Coloring a pattern can be very relaxing!


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great resource:) Thanks for sharing...makes me want to print one and color it myself:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower of your blog. I can't wait to read more of your posts. :)

    ✿Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Thanks for sharing. Kids do love to color and it is relaxing!! I am a new follower, too!!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. These coloring pages are great! Especially as a fine motor activity...my mind is now spinning with ways to incorporate it into my own teaching. Thanks for the idea!

    http://livelaughteachrepeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love geometry too! I haven't gotten that far in my Work Stations book, but I'm excited about the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!