Friday, December 9, 2011

Gingerbread Love~~Pictures!

Today, we wrapped up a two-week Gingerbread unit.
Our Gman cookie ran away and the hunt was hilarious!
At every stop, Miss A. yelled, "This is our only hope!".  
We have tasted every available brand of gingerbread cookie--
I can't believe it, but I am actually ready for a change!
THANK YOU to everyone who shared materials 
related to the gingerbread theme!!  
I'll post more pics soon, but tonight, my bed is calling!
The foyer....Gingerbread House
(styrofoam walls!), created by the same artist 
who painted my classroom walls.
I am trying to convince the powers-that-be to leave it in my classroom, after the holidays!
Glyphs
We began a study of perimeter and area.  
Roll and Cover/20 Grid...we used tiny plastic presents.
(.97 at WalM@rt!)


The Gingerbread Girl
Descriptive Words Mini-Lesson

My kinders LOVED this video and song!

3 comments:

  1. Looks super fun and educational at the same time:) I hope you get to put that gingy house in your room too!!! It's beautiful!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I'm your newest follower.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissy,

    Thanks for the lovely note :)) I know I'm going to be visiting your blog lots!!

    If you grabbed my poem (well, it's not mine, I didn't write it) I just noticed it has an error. I fixed it and reposted with the new link.

    Have a great last week!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!