Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Tribute to Whitney

When news broke last evening of Whitney Houston's passing, I was shocked and saddened.  Although her music had not been on my recent playlists, she greatly impacted the early days of my marriage and motherhood.   


Dressed in bridal finery, I belted out "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" to my groom at our reception.  "I Will Always Love You" will forever bring back memories of driving with our newborn son, begging him to sleep.  Hubby found his favorite Whitney performance on YouTube today....I'd like to share it with you...




Whitney, I hope you are singing with the angels tonight.  

Thanks for enriching our world with your voice.

2 comments:

  1. I've been listening to I Love the Lord from The Preacher's Wife. Wow.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her version of "I Will Always Love You." When I was in kindergarten, my teacher made us an end of the year video with the song in the background. Till this day, whenever I hear the song I think about my kindergarten experience and Mrs. Sissom.

    http://buggyaboutlearninginkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!