Sunday, June 17, 2012

Prayer Requests for Kindergarten & Above~Freebie!

Everyday, I pray with my kindergartners.  (Dear public school teacher pals, pass this post on to someone who might be interested!)  Verbalizing our prayer requests and listening to others is beneficial for many reasons.  However!...there have been days when I wished I'd created a more streamlined approach to this portion of our Bible lesson time.
Typically, we would go around the circle, sharing our requests as I wrote them on paper hearts and added them to the prayer box.  We filled a jar with answered prayers, as we first checked the box during devotions.  This photo was taken on the last day of school.  
The Happy Home Fairy recently shared a post that made me think about new ways to incorporate prayer, writing (list-making), and our children's Bibles, into other parts of my kindergarten schedule.
I plan to set up a year-round spot for cozy chairs, a basket of Bible-related books, and these prayer slips.  As the year progresses, I will add blank paper to encourage more writing and/or illustrating!  
Prayer Request Slips

6 comments:

  1. That's all very sweet and powerful too.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a public school, so can't do that. But I think it's a beautiful ritual!!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the answered prayers idea! I teach Kindergarten at a Catholic school and love prayer time with the kids. Thanks for the ideas!

    -Kristina at misskristinaskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! My students LOVE highlighting their memory verse from their Bibles each week. It's funny how sometimes the simplest things are the most powerful!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet idea! I teach at a public school but I attended a Christian private school as a kid. This is such a great way for the children to start understanding the power of prayer! I am glad you found my blog so that I could find yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! I teach at a private Christian school and the kids love to pray for everybody. I love the idea of keeping track of answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!